Portfolio  Urban  Nyhavn  
Nyhavn

Nyhavn

Nyhavn is the oldest part of the Copenhagen Harbor. Nyhavn was established on the initiative of King Christian V as early as 1671-73 and was intended as a harbour for Kongens Nytorv (Kings Square) The purpose of the harbor - which is, in fact, a man-made canal - was to draw traffic and commerce into the very heart of Copenhagen and allow the merchants to build their houses along the wharves. Nyhavn became a lively port of call, where sailors met for knees-ups and fisticuffs in the many taverns and pubs and where the ladies of the night didn't come free, but helped to make life sweeter for the sailors that came ashore. -Copenhagen 2010-

Nyhavn-firma.jpg
03 Jan 2016
850 x 433
214.3kb